Resolutions are a thing whenever a new year comes. It can be a fresh start for some people who may have messed up in the year that just passed (which sadly includes me) and to make a list of stuff to do and not to do to possibly save themselves in the year to come. This is not a regular thing for me, and most of my new year’s resolution I have made for my teachers in high school or elementary who asked for them. I have never fully followed one, ever, and I do not think I am capable of doing that. There is just this personal blogger’s challenge I got from Tumblr, and it includes a new year’s resolution entry. I just thought I give it a try..
Amabelle’s New Year’s Resolution for the Year 2015:
- Erase insecurities. Frustration about things I do not have or cannot control I realized, is never necessary. This year if I want something for myself then I should do what it takes to have it. If I am still without success it just means I do not deserve to have it, or there is just some appropriate time for me to succeed. I should not dwell on disappointment whenever I compare myself to others who have fared better, but I should strive harder for self-improvement. There is nothing better than having a positive mind and self-confidence.
- Engage in useful hobbies. Times used in procrastination should be lessened, or none at all if possible. I should make sure I will gain something for everything that I do. Read more, watch more, listen more and write more.
- Write short term and long term goals and have an evaluation about it.
- Be wary of the food I eat and the things that I do that can damage my health. The past year I have done many things that made my body suffer, even though I know beforehand that those things can really have bad effects on me. The past year I have known about the pain and the worry those things have caused me. I must avoid those this year.
- Keep track of important things especially about school.
- Do not over think. I made myself depressed and worried about things that I should not be. It brought a lot of tears and unnecessary bad feelings about myself and other people. Over thinking is the root of all my problems this year so I better eradicate that.
- Write regularly on my personal diary and planner, write thoughts and continue reflecting on life in a daily basis. This is to keep track of sanity, to keep records of personal experiences and memorable events for future reference.
- Save money.
- Create a daily, weekly and monthly schedule.
- Reconnect with friends and loved ones. Even though I am really bad with dealing with people, I must try to have conversations even with just the people I am close to. I should start telling things to people and stop bottling up emotions.
- Be strict with self about deadlines.
- Create better outputs. I should put the best effort I can in my works especially in my studies.
- Be a morning person. There is a lot more to accomplish when you start your day waking up early in the morning.
- Do the Greek life. Discover and do many things and put balance in knowledge, arts and social skills.
That's it. Fifteen things for the year 2015. Just a few hours more until the countdown. Here's to another three hundred and sixty five days if both of us do not die this coming year.
To not dying!